Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When Yuppies Go to Huntsville

Finals are over and updates overdue! Status:

We have lost half of our partners and are now cut down to a party of three: Christopher Patino, Zach Kofi, and I. I feel relief.

The USS Enterprise has been fully assembled and outfitted with camping gear and I'm ready to roll. I leave May 15th on a 500-mile solo trip to meet Patino in Huntsville, whereupon we will begin the journey proper. I'll be taking a pretty leisurely pace (about 50mi/day) for this leg, which is fortunate -- I leave in 10 days and I'm totally untrained. Until I leave it's eat, sleep, and erg; if I can survive a few 20km erg sessions I'll feel a lot better about the prospect of climbing 10,000 feet (several times) and riding 3000 miles in the next couple of months.

Below is my route for the leg to Huntsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment